FAÇADE CLADDING WITH EQUITONE FIBER CEMENT
Ohlhorst Lightweight Building Solutions EQUITONE is an aesthetically pleasing, coloured, high-density fiber cement façade material for a ventilated rain screen, that offers unlimited design options and variety.
- Designed to improve the environmental quality of the building, preserve energy, support green building practices and offer a healthy sustainable solution to any and all building applications.
- 100% recyclable, fire resistant and requires minimal maintenance.
Etex Building Systems is the sole distributor in SA, and only offer supply and fit prices to clients through approved (independent) contractors / installers.
- Materials are imported from Europe with a 8-12 week lead time.
- LSF Sub & Structural frames are provided and designed locally in SA by Ohlhorst Africa Lightweight Building Solutions (LBS).
- LSF frames can fix to brick / wood / concrete / steel.
- Design will be determined by the architect
- Structural & modular pattern designs are possible with the LSF frames.
Benefits of EQUITONE ventilated façades
A ventilated façade is the concept of equalizing the air pressure in the cavity behind the rain screen with the outside air pressure.
A cavity of 70-270mm is standard for the ventilated rain screen façade
- Creates a ventilated rain screen and cavity
- Deflects rain, cold and heat – prevents condensation
- Allows air to circulate
- Panels carry A2 Euro class fire rating – fire proof
- Premium performance with min thickness – energy efficient
- Adaptable / reliable / green
- Durable / strong / healthy
- During summer the ventilation has a cooling effect on the building
- Structural movement of the building is minimised
- Acoustic performance of the wall is increased
- Thermal bridges can be reduced or even eliminated
- During winter the building is protected and the cold air is prevented from affecting the building structure.