Ohlhorst Lightweight Building Solutions MODULAR Frame System combines lightweight materials and the modular building method. Modular building makes use of pre-fabricated sections that are manufactured offsite and then transported to the construction site for assembly.
- Suitable for buildings with multiple repeated units
- Size of units is limited by transport (3.4m x 8m is typical)
- Open sided units can be created
- Modules are stacked with usually no independent structure
- Self-weight of 1.5 to 2 kN/m2
- 3 to 10 storeys
- Fire resistance of 30 to 60 to 120 minutes provided
- Acoustic insulation is provided through double layer walls and floors. To International Hotel Chain requirements.
- Low self-weight leading to foundation savings
- Excellent acoustic insulation due to double wall layer construction
- Adaptable for future extensions, and ability to be dismantled easily and moved if required
- Robustness can be achieved by attaching the units together at their corners
- Stability of tall buildings can be provided by a braced steel core.
Benefits of the MODULAR Frame System
Because MODULAR frames are built offsite, the system offers numerous benefits when compared to traditional on-site construction.
- Shorter construction schedules and rapid installation on site
- Greater degree of predictability cost
- Reduced material waste
- Economy of scale through repetitive manufacture
- Consistent quality units and high level of quality control in factory production
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Reduced site disturbance
- An increase in safety and security
- Increased labour productivity.
- Reduced risk
- Limited disruption near the construction site
MODULAR UNIT PORTAL STRUCTURE
- Beams: up to 7.5m.
- Corner columns
- Connection: bolt & nut
PRE-BUILT MODULAR FRAME SYSTEM
300mm & 200mm X 75mm
C section beams
3 mm gauge steel portal
90mm X 40mm
C section LSF
0.8 mm gauge steel portal